Let’s face it….being healthy in our world is not easy.
- The ads clamoring for your attention are generally selling unhealthy food.
- Your co-workers and friends are constantly inviting you to over-indulge.
- And the stress of our day to day lives may have you reaching for a fast meal or another cup of coffee or may have you opting for couch time instead of sneaker-and-yoga-mat time.
Then when you go see your doctor once a year you feel like you’re spending most of the time with a medical assistant.
And then maybe fifteen minutes, if you’re lucky, to ask a year’s worth of your questions about tests, hormones and dietary recommendations.
Talk about stressful!
What if you could have more support to ask your questions, understand how your body works and take charge of your health in a preventive, rather than a reactionary, approach?
What if you left the doctor’s office with a plan outlining how to address all your health cares and concerns?
Naturopathic Doctors are trained like Primary Care Doctors but can offer a lot more time, a ton more support, and have much more extensive training in nutrition and counseling methods (CBT to be exact).
It’s like seeing your PCP, nutritionist, therapist, chiropractor and health coach all rolled into one.
I know you are more than your symptoms. And I know how exhausting it can be to take a ‘one specialist for one symptom’ kind of approach to your health.
Who is going to put all the pieces together?
Well… a Naturopathic Doctor!
That’s what I and many other Naturopathic Doctors provide for people. A place to feel whole…..to feel like all of them matters. To feel balanced!
Let’s chat about all of you…and how all the pieces connect…..the symptoms and the feelings and the history and the future! I’m a good listener and I care. I want to help you put the puzzle together and, by doing so, create a brighter future!
What people say about seeing a Naturopathic Doctor…
I’ve asked my patients and friends what surprised them when they first started seeing a Naturopathic doctor.
- Some say that they were surprised how evidence based Naturopathic medicine is.
- Others described being so relieved that the source of their symptoms was discovered so quickly.
- They were thankful that a Naturopathic approach encouraged them to listen to their own body and to their intuition.
- And everyone appreciates the time that our longer appointments provide for personal connection and the process of health discovery.
But what makes a Naturopathic Doctor (ND)? Did you know…
- Naturopathic Doctors receive over a thousand hours of clinical training before graduating! Having worked as an oncology resident following Naturopathic medical school, I have more than 2,500 clinical hours in training.
- Naturopathic Doctors receive significantly more training in counseling techniques and nutrition than Medical Doctors do! My counseling training was focused on CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) which I love incorporating into my work with patients.
- Naturopathic Medicine has been practiced in the U.S. since the early 1900s. Actually many medical schools where homeopathic schools prior to the formation of the AMA!
- Studies have found that in states where Naturopathic Doctors can bill insurance, medical costs are lowered as a result of the benefit of a preventive approach.
- A Licensed Naturopathic Doctor (N.D.) takes all of the same basic sciences as an M.D. while also studying holistic and nontoxic approaches to therapy with a strong emphasis on disease prevention and optimizing wellness.
- A Naturopathic Doctor takes rigorous professional board exams so that he or she may be licensed by a state or jurisdiction as a general practice physician.
So now you know what a Naturopathic Doctor is, how they are trained and how they’re different from the doctors you’ve seen before.
Now let’s go a little deeper – into what’s involved in a Naturopathic approach to your health.
Next, I’m going to show you exactly how Naturopathic medicine operates, the principles NDs follow, and why it’s work the work to have your best possible health!
Or if you want to get started, just schedule your initial consult »